Saimaa Seal Watching 2020
- 3.5-8.6. is the best time for Saimaa seal watching, and we give 99% guarantee for spotting seal on sunny days. NEW better route and departures from Okkola sauna shore in Niinisaari island, right in middle of the best seal area. Guaranteed departures on fridays and saturdays, you can book individual seats. Adult Saimaa seals spend lots of time on sunny rocks in early summer as they are changing their fur, making this the time of the year to spot seals.
- 10-16.6. no tours available
- After 17.6. private charters are available. You may select departure point in Puumala center harbour or Sahanlahti resort. It is more difficult to spot seals in summer time, because seals remain in water during warm water season, and seals can only be spotted when they rise to surface to breath every 10 minutes or so. Still we guarantee a nice nature experience and many seal stories along the way, as well as the best lake views.
- Saimaa ringed seal population near Puumala is over 20 seals, and you have 99% possibility to spot a seal
- Ecoboat is the most seal-friendly boat & the only 100% electric passenger boat in Finland, very comfortable and warm even if the waters are still cold after winter
- Lake Saimaa landscapes near Puumala are amazing. Puumala is amongs the best seal areas in lake Saimaa
- Your friendly captain will tell you stories about Saimaa seal and lake Saimaa
- Best service guarantee
Read more about the schedule, prices and book here https://www.lakelandgte.fi/en/puumala-seal-watching-cruise/
arto.keinanen (at) lakelandgte.fi
+358 400 966 800