Boating and Canoeing
Puumalansalmi and other marinas
The Puumalansalmi Strait links waterways between the northern and southern parts of Saimaa. Also known as “the Gibraltar of Saimaa,” the strait has always been an important junction for water traffic. Even today, log rafts, pleasure boats and cargo ships pass through the deep-water channel.
Puumala centre marina – 61o31.2' N 28o10.7' E
The Veera, Sylvi and Elsa piers are reserved for local boats and Jallu, Norppa, Kippis and Nesto are for guests.
- 25 mooring buoys, 70 boom berths, 30 side-mooring berths
- Fuel and water station
- Electric outlets
- Waste management, septic tank emptying
- Service building with WCs, showers, sauna, washing machine and dryer
- Fee per night: 2–22 June and 6–20 August EUR 16 per crew, 23 June – 1 August EUR 18 per crew, 2–5 August EUR 25 per crew
- Marina information and service desk, tel. +358 (0)400 929 365.
- Lively marketplace at the marina
- Walking distance to services in the Puumala centre, including a liquor store, pharmacy, laundry and restaurants.
- Gym set next to the Norppa pier
- Honourable mention in the Guest Marina of the Year contest
- Internet connection for boaters at the tourist information centre
Winter boat storage
- Loma-Autio, Erkki Luukkonen (centre, Viljakansaari) tel. +358 (0)40 538 742 0, loma-autio(at)loma-autio.net
- Aarno Puttonen (Puumala centre) tel. +358 (0)50 084 385 5
- Juha Kiljunen (Hurissalo), heated storage facility, tel. +358 (0)440 180 281
- Paavo Kyhyräinen (Lintusalo) tel. +358 (0)500 191 745, paavo-kyhyrainen(at)viestilinja.net
– trailer services
- Aulis Väänänen (Hurissalo), tel. +358 (0)500 154 879
- SavYachts Ville Sarvi (Puumala centre), tel. +358 (0)50 364 3111. You can find more information here.
Docks and Repairs
Docking services are available from Puumarin Oy in Niinisaari next to the Hätinvirta ferry, address: Telakkatie 100, tel. +358 (0)50 466 655 5.
Sav Yachts specialises in boat engine service and repairs
Sav Yachts is your one-stop shop for boat services. We provide engine service and complete repairs. We repair and service a large variety of boats, including fibreglass repairs and electric installations. We also offer boat renovations, including interiors. You can leave your boat at our winter storage facility. We perform off-season inspections and return your boat to your summer house fuelled, waxed and ready to go well before your summer holidays begin.
Our main business is engine service and repair. We are an authorised service provider for Yamaha and Honda outboard motors and Volvo Penta and Yanmar marine engines. We service all engine types as well as marine electronic equipment. We are also a Raymarine authorised service provider, and install new Raymarine equipment and provide you with training.
You can find us easily in the centre of Puumala. Do not hesitate to contact our team of experts to find out more!
Sav Yachts/Ville Sarvi
tel. +358 (0)50 364 311 1
Home marina berths
Keijo Montonen, tel. +358 (0)500 682 666, keijo.montonen(at)puumala.fi
Guest marina at Koskenselkä Holiday Village
- 7 side-mooring locations
- Water supply at the camping site
- Café, kiosk, minigolf, beach, beach volleyball net
- WC, shower, sauna, washing machine
- Koskenselän lomakylä tel. +358 (0)15 468 111 9
Sahanlahti guest marina
- 39 mooring buoys, 23 boom berths
- Restaurant, hotel and Sahankylä villas
- Sauna, smoke sauna, museum, art exhibition and open air theatre
- Separate sauna times for men and women, showers, WCs, kitchen and clothes cleaning service are included in the overnight accommodation fee.
- Equipment rental, tennis court and beach volleyball net www.sahanlahtiresort.fi
Okkola guest marina
- 5 buoy spots
- Water supply
- Sauna, washing machine and smoke sauna
- Restaurant and cabin accommodation
- Okkola Holiday Cabins tel. +358 (0)500 259 378
Kietävälän Virta guest marina
- 6 buoy spots
- Electricity and water outlets
- Sauna and accommodation services
- Winter storage for boats indoors and launch and hauling services
- Loma-Autio tel. +358 (0)40 538 742 0
Mannilanniemi guest marina
- 20 berths, mooring buoys and side-mooring berths
- Electric outlet
- WC, shower, sauna and washing machine
- Vapaa-ajankeskus Mannilanniemi tel. +358 (0)15 410 220 0
Nestorinranta guest marina
- A mooring buoy and four side-mooring berths
- Beach and barbecue hut for 20 people
- Water outlet and outhouse
- Pancake stand in July daily from 12:00 to 5:00 PM.
- Laundry room (washing machine, dryer, iron and mangle) 900 m
- Summer café 900 m
- Granary, room and cottage accommodation, includes breakfast and sauna
- Nestorinranta, tel. +358 (0)40 510 620 8